Piper Jaffray is a Minneapolis-based commercial investment banking firm that values itself on respect, integrity and teamwork. Piper Jaffray is a "middle market" firm, meaning that it manages between $5 million and $1 billion in client assets and that it is not rated in the top four financial powerhouses (based on number of employees, number of operational office, and dollar amount of investments managed). Being a middle market investment banking corporation has helped Piper Jaffray comfortably position itself as a trusted asset manager with world-wide reach while still having an accessible quality.
Like other heavy hitters in the commercial banking industry, Piper Jaffray offers a range of services that not only provide clients with electronic trading services but that also include (and are not limited to):
- Conducting research and analysis on market trends
- Managing assets for individuals, corporations, non-profits and governments
- Overseeing mergers and acquisitions
- Underwriting trades
Piper Jaffray: A History Tainted by Securities Fraud Allegations
Although Piper Jaffray is a key player in the financial industry, this firm has not been immune to allegations regarding stock fraud , which have been filed by both investors and regulators alike. Specific charges brought against Piper Jaffray have included:
- Failing to properly supervise agents managing client wealth
- Misrepresenting information, including overstating stock ratings
- Trading clients' investments without authorization (one case filed against Piper Jaffray proved that 92-year old patient in a coma had been "making" speculative trades and that one such trade had been made even after the client had passed away)
Stock Fraud Lawyers
If you believe that your broker or financial planner committed fraud, our securities and stock fraud lawyers are here to help you reclaim and reestablish your monetary wealth. Even if you merely suspect wrongdoing, we can investigate your claim. Learn more by schedule a consultation today.